- Viewing tips
- Are you seeing outdated pages?
- Navigation tips
- How to order
- Shipping information
- Terms and conditions
- Our browser of choice is Firefox 16.0 or later which can be downloaded free from Mozilla.
- Alternately, use Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 or later as your browser. It offers a good combination of features and speed, it's free and easily downloadable from Microsoft.
Internet Explorer 7 and earlier are NOT compatible with this website.
- While most rotating images on this site use jQuery, some still use Flash. Until the remaining Flash content is updated, to view all content on this site, you'll need a recent version of Adobe's Free Flash Player.
- We've always been famous for our exclusive mouseover alternate angle images. All you need to do is slide your pointing device over the image (without clicking) and you will see an alternate view of the piece. Any image that has this available will have the mouse symbol, underneath the image. Unfortunately, until recently, we couldn't accomplish this for our growing customer base of tablet users. That's changed and now iPad and iPhone users should be able to view the alternate images. Just touch the image (don't let go) and you'll see the alternate image. If you then slide your finger away from the image, everything is normal. If you let go without sliding away from the image, it will probably register as a click and bring up the enlarged image. No worry, just click the X to close it. Sorry, Android users may have varying results.
- The recommended minimum screen resolution is 1024 x 768. To verify your setting, right-click on your desktop, and then click Properties. Click the Settings tab and check the Desktop Area setting. If you are using a smaller window, some images may not display fully without scrolling.
- The recommended minimum color mode is 24-Bit (True Color). 32-bit color is even better. To verify your setting, right-click on your desktop, and then click Properties. Click the Settings tab and check the Color Palette setting. Adjust your monitor to see as many possible shades in the color bars below.
- Do NOT use a Proxy Server!!!. Our pages are updated frequently and you will very likely be viewing out of date versions of our pages.
- We update our website many times each week. If you're not seeing a current New Arrivals page or the text near an image doesn't seem to be appropriate, you may have outdated content in your local cache. To fix this, press the REFRESH button in your browser. Netscape users: hold down the SHIFT key while pressing RELOAD. Mac users press CMD-R. This will load in the current version of the page including the current images.
- The following fixes are VERY IMPORTANT to insure you are seeing updated pages…
Internet Explorer users: go to the Tools menu, select Internet Options, General Tab. In the middle of the dialog box in the Temporary Internet files area, click on Settings. You'll see a dialog that says Check for newer versions of stored pages: Click on either Every time you start Internet Explorer or Every visit to the page (we recommend Every time you start Internet Explorer for the best balance between speed and eliminating cache problems). Click OK, and then OK again and you should be back in your browser window.
Firefox users: type about:config in the URL bar, scroll down to browser.cache.check_doc_frequency. This setting determines how often to compare the page in cache to the page on the network. Right-Click this entry (Mac users press Control-Click) and select Modify. Enter 1 as the new value. The accepted values are 0 = Once per session; 1 = Every time I view the page; 3 = When the page is out of date (default); 2 = Never. Although choice 3 sounds correct, it doesn't work any better than Internet Explorer's automatic mode.
AOL users: Switch to a better Internet provider.
- At the top of every page is our site navigation menu. This includes buttons to return to the home page (the gallery's starting page), the art glass category menu, etc.
- If you'd like to send us an email, just click on the Envelope button near the top of every page to send us a message. This will open a pre-addressed message in your e-mail software. We try to answer all mail within 24 hours and usually sooner.
Please note: You must have your e-mail package configured correctly or one of the following problems may occur:
- we will receive your mail but will not be able to answer it for lack of a correct return address.
- we won't receive your mail.
- Because we have so many artists in our gallery, the art glass index is broken up by category… vessels, paperweights, perfume bottles, etc. When you select an art glass category, you will be brought to a page with a listing of every artist we have with work matching that category. Click on the artist name or associated image and you will see a catalog page showing pictures of currently available work, other pieces that are no longer be available but shown for reference, and usually a little information about the artist.
- Don't be embarrassed to call or e-mail us to ask questions on how to use our website. We are glad to help get you started.
- When you find an item you want to order, simply press the button or the button which will be next to any item that is available for purchase. This will place the item in your shopping cart. Then just follow the on screen instructions - simply fill in the requested information and be sure to use the special instructions area to tell us anything else you think is important for us to complete the order. When done browsing the site, simply click on View Cart from the top or bottom menus of every page. You'll then be able to confirm the items ordered and checkout.
- We may have to contact you before shipping to verify certain information. Please be sure to include your daytime phone number and e-mail address.
- Security: order forms are processed through our C.O.M.O.D.O authenticated SSL secure server. Your complete order information remains safely encrypted until it leaves the Internet and reaches our desktop.
- We verify all credit card addresses to make sure the person using the card is the owner of the card. If there are verification problems or if you don't provide the exact billing address of your credit card, your order will be delayed.
- We process orders very quickly. Please be sure your information and order is correct. Once your order is processed, changes cannot be made.
Other useful information…
Entire contents © Copyright 1995-2013 Not Just Mud!, All Rights Reserved